Gourmet catering which is typically seen at formal and informal events is the art of preparing and catering different and a variety of cuisines and dishes. The cuisses are usually attractively presented and arranged.
Adopted from a French word Gourmet catering is the art of preparation is that the foods are usually prepared from scratch using high-quality ingredients.
There are different types of Gourmet events and each has a different form of layout, planning and meal selection.
- Corporate Catering
Inviting caterers to be at this event allows the staff and colleagues to use focus their minds on the work rather than where they can get food from.
Sometimes if it is a brief meeting most corporates prefer to have finger foods and some tasty drinks.
When it is a lengthy meeting the type of gourmet catering services preferred would be a buffet, packed lunch boxes or a continental breakfast.
- Social events
In social events because most of them are fun types of activites such as birthdays or weddings the caterers could also take care of the entertainment and party arrangements.
At such an event the type of food that would be served would be appetizers, a variety of different foods for the guests, different types of drinks and also a bartender.
- Franchise catering
This type of event includes a lot of people and crowds sort of like a carnival or a sporting event
The type of food needed is one that can be prepared fast and on the go such as burgers, sandwiches, hotdogs, ice cream and the likes
- Wedding after party
This one is mostly catered for customized according to the couples wishes from the setup, music to the food prepared.
In all this services there are also different types of way to cater or serve guests in the art of gourmet catering.
- Plated service- this entails if serving a guest with one plate of food and it is to be served in front of the guest coming from their right side
- Semi silver service-this is the same as the plated service but the vegetables are served separately from the main dish and the guest can choose which vegetables they prefer to be served
- Full silver service-with the waiter holding the food with their right hand and serving with their left they are to serve from directly to the guests plate from the silver platter
- Gueridon service- this is mainly for the VIP service where the waiter serves the food from the trolley to the guest. Most of the time the food is prepared in front of the guests and they get to choose what sauces they want on the food. Other times the guests can even give suggestions on how they prefer the food to be cooked.
- Buffet service-this is usually done for many people where various types of food are arranged in a long table and the guests go step by step choosing what they would like on their pate
- Cafeteria service- this is usually done is schools where guest get the food from the counter after paying for it and then go eat at their table.
Read more onhttps://www.dakshas.co.uk/private-chef/